Top Bar
Bottom Bar

Student Registration Information

New Students to HMMS
Regular School Year Hours:
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Summer Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 AM-5:30 PM
CLOSED FRIDAY during the summer.

Transferring Into Cumberland County Schools from another School District
You should bring your child to HMMS and present the following records to the school:
1. Withdrawal from previous school or copy of last report card.
2. Birth Certificate
3. Shot Record
4. Social Security Number
5. Proof of Parent/Custodian Address

If you do not know which school your child should attend, you may contact the Student
Assignment Office at (910) 678-2616.

Transferring From One Cumberland County School to another School within the County
1. You must withdraw from your current school and bring the withdrawal form to HMMS.
2. You must also show proof of your address.
3. Bring the child’s shot record.

HMMS Registration Checklist
Below is a list of documents you MUST provide to the registrar at HMMS. Please have the
registration paperwork filled out accurately and bring all the requested information with you in
order to successfully complete the registration process.

1. Proof of Address-You must provide proof that you actually reside in our district. No one
is allowed to register without the appropriate documentation. Acceptable proof is:
If BUYING your home we need two documents
-Deed of Trust
-Current Monthly Utility Bill (Water, Gas, Electric)
If RENTING from a COMPANY we need two documents
-Rental Contract/Lease signed by the Agent, including Telephone Numbers and the
Agent’s Address
-Current Monthly Utility Bill (Water, Gas, Electric)
2. Immunization Record
Students who enroll without proof of immunizations have 30 days to present such proof.
If not, the student is dismissed from school per school board policy. All rising 6th graders
need to have had a Tdap shot in order to enroll.
3. Most recent Report Card
Students who have no documentation of previous schoolwork cannot complete the
registration process. If you do not have such documentation, please contact your
previous school and ask them to fax it to us at (910) 423-5887. If possible, we also need
EOG test scores. Please be sure that we know how to contact you so that we can notify
you once the fax has been received. Students who register during the school year must
also have Discipline Records verified.
4. If a student is involved in any Exceptional Children’s Programs, we also need that
documentation. A copy of the Individualized Education Plan or any Academically Gifted
paperwork will be sufficient.
5. If applicable, Current Custody Paperwork. By Cumberland County School Board Policy,
a student must reside with the custodial parent or court-appointed guardian to enroll in
our system. If the parents are separated or divorced, we MUST have a copy of the
custody agreement. Legal custody must be court-appointed and signed by a judge. Our
school system does not recognize any form of Power of Attorney or notarized statements
for guardianship purposes.
 Student’s Social Security Card
 Photo ID of Parent
 Birth Certificate

Published by Beth Sizemore on February 23, 2020